Thursday, September 22, 2011

There and back, here again.

I guess it is no coincidence that what I wrote in the previous post relates very well to what lies beneath what I wish to say now. In the last couple of months I've been very fortunate to have the opportunity to travel to Danemark and Canada. I mention this because to the first I drove and the second I flew. When I compare both journeys it underlines what we loose in our need for expediency. Don't get me wrong it's still relatively a long time to travel to Canada, but to fly leaves you not truly understanding the distance and effort required to get to where you wish to be. I mourn alittle the fact I have no sense of the fantastic volumes of water I have with such ease skipped over to stand amoungst the bi-lingual babble of Montréal. With the drive, and it's proximiety to the ground, I had far more the sense of where I was headed and a better understanding of my arrival. Maybe there is a question there about human speeds of understanding just as we relate scale to our own physical size. Anyhow, both were wonderful places to see and over the next few posts I promise to show something of what came out of these trips. First a photograph from northern Danemark, which has inspired the question and theme for a new series.

Danemark - green box - 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment