Monday, March 18, 2013

Exhibitions, marking the passage of time





Just as this blog notes each action in time, so the last year has been marked out with the my actions, aims and mistakes. It has been a full year, too full to summerize here and now in one extended post. Instead I shall litter the present with the markers of the past.



Two exhibitions at the end of last year (November 2012) would be a good point to begin, but in my searching for the images to illustrate my words I discovered the above proposal for an installation. It was to be installed in the gallery space in Atelierhof Kreuzberg, Berlin and was the second stage of a project called 'New Work', first exhibited in Basel. The physical elements of the work still exist and are able to be re-incorporated, morphed into a new aspect of the project which wishes not to be defined but constantly developed. I'd very much like to find an opportunity to bring the work out of it's secure surroundings and weave it into the fabric of everyday life in some way, expose it to the elements. Something for me, for tomorrow, from the past.




No comments:

Post a Comment