Thursday, January 6, 2011






There is something slightly unhealthy about great expectations and in particular those surrounding new year. If you manage to get over the dissappointment of the new years eve party then the reality of the next morning will surely put check to the most romantic imagination. First there's the hangover and if not, the enquiry, why not. Then of course the weather is most unlikely to embrace a positive radiance, let's face it, it's another day in winter, grey, wet, cold and in the case of Berlin at this moment, snow again. Don't get me wrong, I love the snow but heavy dark skies don't speak to me of promising future times. But maybe I have to learn to look a little further or nearer. Yesterday for a very short period of time the clouds opened a wee window through which my first sunshine of 2011 broke through and darted across the tiring branches of the christmas tree. Fantastic pools of light papered the walls and drew my attention to what was, and has for a long time, surrounding me. I spend so much time trying to create things consciously that I over look some of the wonderful installations that have come about over time and chance. Dust on pictures, reflections in glass, cobwebs and temporary homes found in  ...........  time and chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment